Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Breakfast in Boston

I made a detour into Cambridge and Boston during my rambling road trip home Sunday to revisit my old college hometown and grab a four star brunch at the Cheesecake Factory. The city is always a great place to eat and on a weekend in the summer getting a table wasn't too bad. After adequately stuffing myself with eggs I strolled down Newbury Street to check out some galleries and shop. There were a number of galleries stocked with prints aimed to sell such as: Warhol, Haring, Picasso, and Chagall which are always fun but there were a few modern artists such as Laurent Dauptain that I haven't seen before at the Axelle Gallery. His work reminded me stylistically a bit of one of my favorite painters Jenny Saville just without the sexuality and skin. There were also a few pieces by Takashi Murakami that were pretty cool in the gallery next door.

No comments: