Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Monday in Manhattan

I spent the day in New York City Monday to close my art show at the School of Visual Arts gallery. One of the greatest things about Manhattan is that regardless of the time or day there are always hundreds of cool things to do. I spent most of the day in SOHO and the village checking out art and the trendy shops and stopped for lunch at the BBar and Grill. The Bar has a great outdoor section that is shaded with trees and ivy so it was the perfect place to get away from the heat for a while- they also have a pretty mean and authentic Cuban sandwich. After lunch I walked up to Union Square where you can find lots of little outdoor jewelry and art sales but more importantly there are the girls. My god- the girls in New York are amazing! Speaking of amazing girls- I saw Parker Posey in Washington Square Park playing with her dog and she looked fantastic in person. Anyway I stopped by one of my favorite spots, the Comedy Cellar, for a great late night comedy show before I had to leave. We saw a bunch of local comics including local favorite Sherrod Small and Elon Gold who had some terrific impressions as well as Jim Norton who popped in for an unannounced spot but it was Greg Giraldo and Ted Alexandro that brought the house down.

No comments: