Saturday, October 25, 2008

Europe's Electronic Madness

Last night (or I suppose early this morning) I saw a fantastic show at the Fillmore at Irving Plaza. It was CMJ's Music Marathon's Insiders Electronic Music Showcase and I was really blown away by the cutting edge music coming out of Europe. The show was hosted by BBC Radio 1's Peter Tong and featured: The Whip, Luciano, Late of the Pier, Rob da Bank, 2 Many DJs, James Lavelle, and Soulwax.

I had never heard of Manchester band The Whip but I was floored immediately. The were amazing and made such an impression that I found myself downloading tracks when I arrived home at 5am this morning. Italian dj Luciano was also pretty awesome with his laid back mixes of junglesque sounds and tradition Indian albums. One of the other big highlights was a band that I just recently interviewed for Short and Sweet NYC, Late of the Pier. I really love their weird mix of 80's synth with hardcore rock and everything in between. I'll post the full show review and the interview on Short and Sweet soon but now I need some sleep.

No comments: