Friday, November 11, 2011

Japan Society Workshop on Technology in the Classroom


This past weekend I was honored to have been invited to speak at The Japan Society in Manhattan to a group of educators about technology in the classroom and contemporary Japan. I put together a new page on my website with some of the materials that I presented in class that might be of int rest to teachers or technologists out there.

The six hour course when over some specific ways to incorporate technology as a tool in class without losing focus of the content and featured some great inspirational information from groups like: RSA Animate, Dan Pink, and Brainpickings as well as some of the photographs I took in Japan over the past few years. I created a series of lessons which incorporate teaching Japan into the basic principles of design which will be posted on their website shortly. Also the society offers an unbelievable 3 week summer Study Tour to Japan for educators that is well worth checking out, it'll change your life!

Here is the link to the workshop pages: TimNeedles.com

Here's more information on the Japan Society's Social Networking Project: Going Global SNS

No comments: